Message from the Founder & President
The Nepal Youth Foundation launched a major effort to provide help for those most in need, as well as long-term rebuilding after the earthquake.
While all of our children and our staff and their families seem to have survived, this is not the case for thousands of Nepalis who have lost their lives or been seriously injured. The death toll is rising daily.
The overall damage is almost incalculable: the preliminary estimate is that more than one million buildings, including family homes, schools, temples, monasteries and shrines have been destroyed. These losses are catastrophic in a country where the per capita income is less than two dollars a day.
As you know, we are not a disaster relief agency, but we are ready to help.
How you are making a difference
- Today we started by arranging to have 200 beds delivered to a local hospital.
- We will deliver medical supplies to area hospitals desperate for emergency equipment.
- We will help thousands of women and children staying in emergency shelters by providing nourishing food, safe water and toys for the children. When, inevitably, we turn from rescue and triage to rebuilding the future,
- We will train young people in the construction trades to rebuild villages using seismically-safe building standards.
- We will aid in rebuilding the multitude of homes and schools damaged by the earthquake.
The need is overwhelming. Please make a donation today.
Thank you and Namaste.
Olga Murray and Som Paneru
How can I help?
DONATE BY BANK TRANSFER*
Bank: Bank of East Asia (BEA)
Account Name: Nepal Youth Foundation (HK) Ltd.
Account Number: 015 248 68 00281 5
Swift Code: BEASHKHH
Bank Address: Bank of East Asia Harbour View Centre Branch, Shop 1, G/F, 56 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
DONATE BY CHEQUE*
Please make payable to: Nepal Youth Foundation (HK) Ltd.
DONATE ONLINE by CLICKING HERE